Saturday, August 31, 2013

Meal Planning?

Does anyone consistently do meal planning? I'm planning to give it a try but first I have to get my thoughts on the matter together. To be honest, I'll probably have more luck meal planning for LUNCH and not dinner.
Dinner is a little easier as I usually have food in the deep freezer and a boat load of side items, or my husband deems it to hot to cook, but lunch? Lunch is an entirely different matter. Either I'm moving to slow in the morning to make a lunch, there's nothing that I "want" to take for lunch or some other lame excuse.  So I figure if I think about it, and plan out a weeks worth of lunches I will be better prepared to grab n go.
There are a plethora of websites that offer meal planning services - for a fee! What the Windy City?! Man, I tell you everything cost these days.  Bougie's on a budget so a sista will be partaking in the free sites and trial plans. Humph!  I did find that the Evernote application which is available for iOS and Adriod has a meal planning feature, so I am going to look further into that and give it try.  I will let you all know how that works out.
Another thing I'll have to work around is keeping variety in my lunches because I'm not a fan of frozen meals, or canned soup and damnit I can only eat so many turkey sandwiches.
Since this is a longer weekend I'll get my plan together, make a grocery list, grab my coupons:-) and hit the stores.  I'll let you guys know how I do.

Catch yall later,

Bougie

No comments:

Post a Comment