Thursday, August 22, 2013

Today's the day!

Hey Yall! Welp. Today's the day I fund my envelopes.  My plan is to go the bank and when I make my withdrawal, I'll ask for all small bills, $10's, $5's and $1's a.k.a a Mississippi Bankroll.  Because I'm so gangsta I might even wrap it in a rubber band.
Seriously, the purpose of the small bills is so that I don't have the issue of breaking and possibly spending it all on nonsense.  We all know how when you break a large bill (and by large I mean $20) before you know it, it's gone and you're somewhere looking dazed and confused because you have NO idea how it happened!
The other thing I have to remember is to get my receipts!  I need to get in the habit of reconciling my envelopes a couple of times of week.  I'm not even gonna lie and say every day because that's just ain't gonna happen.  This will also double as my method of tracking my spending, which is essential to the process.  I mean if I don't know where and how I'm spending my money its gonna be that much more difficult to get a handle on my bad spending habits. 
Again if anyone wants to take this journey with me hit me in the comments! 

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment