Friday, September 6, 2013

Busy Bougie

Hey Bougie Babes!
I hope everyone had a fantastic Labor Day weekend, even if it was just a weekend of chilling out.
This past week has been bananas! It has been a week of family drama(but what's new there), self-improvement, self reflection, and budgeting!
Now that I have my cash flow under control (kinda) my next phase is taking a look at my spending habits to see where else I can cut back.   I'm exploring some D.I.Y. options which should be an adventure in and of it self.  This weekend I am going to make and try homemade laundry detergent and...wait for it...deodorant. Don't look at me like that! I think it'll be ok.  The laundry detergent I'm not really worried about.  From the recipes I've found, it should be pretty powerful. I'm going to do a load of coloreds and whites so I'll be able to really see how it does.  The cash savings should be mind-blowing!!! I use Gain liquid. I usually get the 64 Load bottle which runs between $14.99 and $16.99 depending on where I buy it, and it usually last about 3 weeks.  My husband has to wash towels at least twice a week -its his thing- so it would probably last longer if it were not for his obsession with washing towels. I digress.  The homemade detergent will cost $6.00 to make three times more than the bottle of Gain AND you use less per load *hits my dougie*.  I'll be posting the recipe after I try it - no need in having yall try it before I know it works.
Now let's talk about the homemade deodorant.  I know, I know don't nobody got time to be walking around here funky.  I concur because quiet as its keep Bougie sweats, yep, the pits perspire.  This one I'm really interested in though because there have been studies that tie the Aluminum in deodorants and antiperspirants to breast cancer and I took a solemn oath to protect "the girls" at all cost so I'm willing to give it a shot. Mind you I'll be trying it this weekend when I'm close to home and the shower, Bougie ain't nobody's fool and I'm much to fine to be funky!

Well loves, that's whats on tap for my weekend, D.I.Y til I die, well not really but it rhymed so there you have it.

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Please let us know how they both turn out... i would love to save money on detergent.

    ReplyDelete